Help create dreams, volunteer today with CYD!
Immediate Needs: SummerQuest!
Want to be a super hero? Join the CYD “Dream Team” and help to fight summer learning loss! We need volunteers to assist with CYD’s academic summer camp – SummerQuest. This camp is six weeks, and rising 4th, 6th, and 8th graders will embark on a quest for adventure and knowledge. Throughout the six weeks students will experience fun, hands-on math and reading enrichment while strengthening academic skills. Camp is Monday through Friday from 10am -2pm. For specific dates and to sign up please click HERE
WHY are we so concerned with summer learning loss? Watch this two minute video to understand…
Ways to become involved during the school year with students:
- Tutoring: Monday through Thursday 5 – 7pm
- Donating snack/meal bags: 20 are needed daily
- Baking birthday cakes: Needed the last week of each month
- Assisting with scheduled group activities: Monday – Thursday after school
- Book Club
- Fitness Club
- Art Club: Last Friday of the month
Year-Round Special Event Needs:
- ONGOING: Join CYD’s fundraising planning committee
- ONGOING: Assist with CYD Family Fun Night or CYD Parent Night
- MAY/JUNE: Volunteer with CYD Summer Camp
- JULY/AUGUST: Assist with school supply drive
- AUGUST: Help coordinate our Hope, Wishes & Dreams Art Show in November
- NOVEMBER: Volunteer with our Thanksgiving Feast
- DECEMBER: Sponsor holiday student gifts and/or wrap holiday gifts
WANT TO BE A CYD VOLUNTEER?
We hold volunteer orientation sessions monthly. Prior to attending a session, review the links below to view our volunteer forms. Please download the documents, complete and email the completed documents back to email@example.com. or mail hard copies to Create Your Dreams, 887 West Marietta Street N.W., Studio T-108, Atlanta, 30318. After we receive your forms, you receive a date to attend an orientation session.