Help create dreams, volunteer today with CYD!
Year-Round Volunteer Opportunities
Immediate Needs: Tutors!
Need volunteers after school Monday through Thursday to tutor elementary through high school students. We ask that you commit to volunteering weekly with the same group for the semester. For additional information please email Maria Proctor at email@example.com.
- Mondays: 2nd grade 3-5pm, 8th grade 5-7pm
- Tuesdays: 4th grade 3-5pm, 6th grade 5-7pm
- Wednesdays: 4th grade 3-5pm, high school 5-7pm
- Thursdays: 6th and 8th grade 5-7pm
Summer Volunteers SummerQuest!
Want to be a super hero? Join the CYD “Dream Team” and help to fight summer learning loss! We need volunteers to assist with CYD’s academic summer camp – SummerQuest. This camp is six weeks, and rising 4th, 6th, and 8th graders will embark on a quest for adventure and knowledge. Throughout the six weeks students will experience fun, hands-on math and reading enrichment while strengthening academic skills. Camp is Monday through Friday from 10am -2pm. For specific dates and to sign up please click HERE
WHY are we so concerned with summer learning loss? Watch this two minute video to understand…
Additional ways to become involved during the school year with students:
- Donating snack/meal bags: 20 are needed daily
- Baking birthday cakes: Needed the last week of each month
- Assisting with scheduled group activities: Monday – Thursday after school
- Assisting with weekend group activities: Art Club, Service Learning Club, and Outdoor Club
Year-Round Special Event Needs:
- ONGOING: Join CYD’s fundraising planning committee
- ONGOING: Assist with CYD Family Fun Night or CYD Parent Night
- MAY/JUNE: Volunteer with CYD Summer Camp
- JULY/AUGUST: Assist with school supply drive
- AUGUST: Help coordinate our Hope, Wishes & Dreams Art Show in November
- NOVEMBER: Volunteer with our Thanksgiving Feast
- DECEMBER: Sponsor holiday student gifts and/or wrap holiday gifts
WANT TO BE A CYD VOLUNTEER?
We hold volunteer orientation sessions monthly. Prior to attending a session, review the links below to view our volunteer forms. Please download the documents, complete and email the completed documents back to firstname.lastname@example.org. or mail hard copies to Create Your Dreams, 887 West Marietta Street N.W., Studio T-108, Atlanta, 30318. After we receive your forms, you receive a date to attend an orientation session.